Let me start with a confession. The COVID 19 pandemic has made 2020 a year of hardship rather than a year of advancement. However, it does not mean that we give up. Goal setting and achievement must go on. But, how? The answer is smart social media marketing!
The beauty of effective social media marketing strategy is that your business can connect with anyone, from anywhere in the world. Social distancing, in fact, has made SMM strategy a tool for communication with local and global audiences. About 67% businesses who were not on social media are now active on platforms after March 2020 due to the pandemic.
Short-Term Social Media Marketing Strategies for Your Business:
Let’s start with a Pro Tip, your business needs to really play it cool on social media. Your social media activity is being monitored very closely by your users, stay alert! Follow these strategies & kick start social media engagement right away:
- Show what truly matters. Now is the time to educate customers about how life’s going to change, and expectations too. Let them know how your business plans on holding client meetings, for instance. Tell them your reality and how your business is dealing with this unprecedented change.
Pro Tip: Ensure you communicate with your customers rather than sell something to them.
- Stay real, stay original. It’s a pandemic and we’re all in this together! Design your social media calendar such that it comprises realistic posts and have just the right human touch. Market studies have shown that social media activity has risen by 39% amid businesses & customers since May 2020. Reason being, social media has shown building deeper relationships with customers with interactive and engaging posts on a routine basis.
Pro Tip: Staying honest with customers helps connect with users more easily & showcases empathy as well. Build on brand trust with SMM engagement.
- Showcase your support as a brand. The beauty of social media is that we can show what we want, and when we wish to. Remember, this pandemic is not going to last forever and people are going to come back to you to shop if your social media presence is awesome. Build on potential customers and current customer engagement via supportive posts. Some marketers recommend this strategy in the midst of a pandemic as a long-term benefit.
Pro Tip: Give your customer the time & space (offers too, if any) to come back to you when they’re ready to buy!
- Give thought to social media advertising. Advertising is going to be expensive and we don’t really know how far your business can afford it. Try going organic and just create beautiful and engaging content. Focus on support more than money because that’s what’s going to help us come out of this crashing economy and get shopping post-pandemic!
Pro Tip: Smartly showcase your product/service so that people come back once it’s all over.
Long-term social media marketing strategies 2020 :
Now that you know what actions you can take immediately to earn more revenue, let’s dive into the long-term social media marketing strategies you can try out this 2020.
In fact, you can skim through our post about digital marketing strategies for your business to build on the online presence of your brand.
- Keep pulling back your curtain! Show your team your reality and keep the organization glued together with the same. Trust me, we’re all suffering at some level or the other and it’s good to be open about the same. This keeps the human element in companies alive & increases brand engagement on social media as well.
How: Create posts about WFH and how you’re all making it work together as a team. Tag your team and make them feel special!
- Continue supporting your customers. Users have always disliked direct marketing. 2020 is definitely not about selling, it’s more about supporting one another until the bad time is over. Use social media to reconnect with lost customers. Take the time to educate them about the industry. In simple words, discuss benefits of products in general rather than just promoting your product.
How: Create posts revolving around tips to build on fitness, mental well-being and more rather than just selling online dietician appointments!
- Keep the engagement going. Engagement is beautiful and only social media has it deep-rooted in it. Make the most out of it by having light and quirky posts. This way, everyone stays happy, engaged and aware of your brand! The rapport must remain post-pandemic too, that should be your objective.
How: Use stories as a mode for engagement, figure out your posting frequency and related aspects. Or, reach out to a digital marketing agency because that’s quicker!
Let’s face facts, we’re in the midst of a pandemic and these times are very tough times. Your brands need to find comprehensive and cost-effective ways to engage their audience and keep them glued to their phones to increase retention.
The answer to the million dollar question is smart social media marketing strategy. Stay safe during the pandemic with social distancing and engagement online. You can make the most out of the new normal with these tips and of course, we are always here for you.